As humans, we are constantly in a state of change. We grow and learn new things every day. With that growth comes new perspectives on life.
We all have the potential to be great, but we also have the potential to fail. The choice is up to us. These quotes serve as a reminder that we always have the power to choose our own destiny. We can choose to be our best selves, or we can choose to give in to our worst impulses. The choice is ours to make.
Me vs Me Quotes List
At first glance, the 51 me vs me quotes might seem like a simple list of motivational phrases.
However, upon closer inspection, it becomes clear that these quotes are actually quite profound. They capture the struggle that we all face between our better selves and our worst selves.
1. “There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that’s your own self.” – Aldous Huxley
2. “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
3. “Until you are happy with who you are, you will never be happy with what you have.” – Zig Ziglar
4. “You have been criticizing yourself for years and it hasn’t worked. Try approving of yourself and see what happens.” – Louise L. Hay
5. “Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it.” – Bruce Lee
6. “I know where I’m going and I know the truth, and I don’t have to be what you want me to be. I’m free to be what I want.” – Muhammad Ali
7. “There’s a monster inside of all of us, and the only way to tame it is to feed it love instead of fear.” – Unknown
8. “Your deepest fear is not that you are inadequate. Your deepest fear is that you are powerful beyond measure.” – Marianne Williamson
9. “No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.” – Jack Kornfield
10. “You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.” -Buddha
11. “To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance.” -Oscar Wilde
12. “The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.” -Alice Walker
13. “People who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.” -Rob Siltanen
14. “If life were predictable it would cease to be life, and be without flavor.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
15. “The biggest challenge in life is being yourself… In a world where everyone is trying to be someone else.”- Unknown
16. “You are not your mistakes, you are not what other people think of you. You are YOU.”- Unknown
17. “Your only limit is the amount of willingness that you exhibit.”- Bob Proctor
18. “I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions.”- Stephen Covey
19. “You are you. Now isn’t that pleasant?” -Ralph Waldo Emerson
20. “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” -Oscar Wilde
21. “I am myself plus my circumstance.” – Jose Ortega y Gasset
22. “To thine own self be true.” -William Shakespeare
23. “If you can’t love yourself, how in the hell are you gonna love somebody else?” -RuPaul Charles
24. “I think the biggest disease the world suffers from in this day and age is the disease of people feeling unloved.” -Princess Diana
25. “The greatest thing in the world is to know how to belong to oneself.” -Michel de Montaigne
26. “You are the one person who will always be there for you, no matter what.”
27. “You are the one person who knows you better than anyone else.”
28. “You are grateful for what you have, no matter what.”
29. “You are content with your life, no matter what.”
30. “You are confident enough to believe in yourself.”
31 “You are secure enough to know that you can always find your way back to where you need to be.”
32. “No matter what life throws at you, remember that you have the power to choose how you react to it.”
33. “You have the power to choose how you want to feel about it.”
34. “In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different.”- Coco Chanel.
35. “You are fearfully and wonderfully made by the creator of the universe Himself!”
36. “Be proud of who you are and never try to be like anyone else but YOU!”
37. “When you try to please others or fit in, you lose sight of who you really are meant to be.”
38. “Embrace your quirks and let them shine! You were created for such a time as this so stand out and make a difference! So be bold, be brave, and be YOU!”
39. “I need to accept myself for who I am and not try to be someone I’m not. And that’s not always easy.”
40. “There are times when I compare myself to others and find myself wanting.”
41. “I see them doing things that I can’t do or don’t have the talent for, and I feel inferior. But I remind myself that we all have our own unique gifts and talents.”
42. “And just because I may not be good at something doesn’t mean I can’t enjoy it or appreciate it in others.”
43. “Instead of comparing myself to others, I try to focus on being the best “me” that I can be.”
44. I am the architect of my own destruction. I am the master of my own fate. I am in control of my own destiny.
45. We are the only ones who can determine our own happiness. We are the only ones who can choose our own path in life.
46. Sometimes, life will throw us curveballs. But ultimately, it is up to us to decide how we will react to these challenges.
47. We can either let them define us, or we can use them as an opportunity to grow and learn. It is up to us to decide what kind of person we want to be.
48. “There’s only one person in this world that can stop me from being me, and that’s me.” – Unknown
49. “You’re always with yourself, so you might as well enjoy the company.” – Diane Von Furstenberg
50. “The most important relationship in your life is the relationship you have with yourself.” – Deborah Day
51. “The battle between you and you is the hardest battle you’ll ever fight.” – Unknown
52. “You can be your own worst enemy or your own best friend. The choice is yours.” – Unknown
53. “The only person who can pull me down is myself, and I’m not going to let myself pull me down anymore.” – Celine Dion
54. “The most important battle you have to fight is between what you know and what you feel.” – Seth Godin
55. “Stop fighting yourself. You are all that you’ve got.” – Unknown
56. “I can be changed by what happens to me. But I refuse to be reduced by it.” -Maya Angelou
57. “You have enough. You do enough. You are enough. Relax.” -Unknown
58 “It’s not about perfect. It’s about effort. And when you bring that effort every single day, that’s where transformation happens. That’s how change occurs.” -Jillian Michaels